24 January 2012

Cat Naps Anyone?

For the better part of this month, my husband and I made the decision to really buckle down on transitioning our youngest to sleep by herself in her crib.

With the news of a new bundle coming in May, we did not think it would be fun (note the sarcasm) to have both children sleeping in our room, let alone in our beds. It has taken a few weeks for her to sleep through the night in her room, but it has finally come! Every now and then, she wakes up once and I rock her back to sleep, which works out fine with me.

Lately, she has not gotten used to taking naps in her room! Seeing as I have a growing belly now, it would be very hard for her to sleep on me during the daytime for naps that she was so accustomed to. It has been a real struggle getting her from my arms and into her crib. Every time I make a move, she wakes up and so I have to lay her down, rub, and pat her back in order to calm her down. When I finally get her settled and close her door, she gets about a 20, sometimes 40 minute nap, depending on how tired she really is.

I've read different forums about my situation and all seem to say that their child eventually grows out of it and will start taking longer naps (or start to sleep through the night, if that is your situation). I just hope and pray that it will not be another 11 months for her to take longer naps!

I am so grateful that she has started sleeping through the night though. I pray and thank God every morning for letting my little girl sleep through the night, even if she wakes up once.

Just remember, it will pass and your little bundle of joy will start sleeping the way we hope she/he will. :) Just hang in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment