14 August 2012

Stand mixer cover

I never even thought about having a stand mixer cover until we moved to our current house. Then it just started gathering dust and some how grease. Although I am still trying to wrap my brain around the grease since I have my mixer located away from the stove.

It took me a while to find a good, easy pattern on the internet, but I finally did! You can take a gander at the pattern over here. The pattern is for a KitchenAide Artisan Stand mixer, but I am sure you can adapt it to fit your own.

I used 1 1/3 yd of burgundy colored quilted fabric (fabric with the batting already sewn in) to match my kitchen decor, instead of getting two fabrics and sewing batting in between the two. It was less of a hassle and took less time as well, so if you are a mom with multiple children surrounding your feet 24/7, you may want to go that route! ;-)

I did have a little trouble with the bias tape around the bottom edges, but I did my best with what I had! If you have not had much experience with bias tape (as I have, hehe), I went to this person's website that had a tutorial of how to sew bias tape correctly! She has other great projects on her blog as well.



 Excuse my faucet :-P This is where I have my stand mixer located. It's actually too tall to fit under my cabinets, hehe!

I do hope the websites I have been sharing with you are helping you out. I also hope they are inspiring you with your own creativity. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment