10 August 2012

Pintrest, my new favorite site!

I finally caved into signing up for pintrest.com a few months ago. People say you become addicted with all the great stuff they have there. Needless to say, it is true! Of course, being a homemaker, this site can come in handy. Instead of having to trail through pages and pages of projects, recipes, and tips for your own home, you can look through just a few things.

I have managed to incorporate a "cleaning calendar" that has helped me out A LOT with cleaning my house. I have always hated cleaning anything, especially the dishes and my husband and I's bedroom. To me, it felt like those things were only clean for a day and it drove me crazy having to pick up everything yet again. Also, my husband has helped me with some of the more "daily" chores after all the kids are asleep. ;-)

One of the things that I found to make is a coupon organizer. I used to have one of those paper spiral organizer and I hated it! I only used it a handful of times and some of the pages broke. I wanted to find something sturdy, but also very easy to make. Frankly, I didn't know if anything existed out there at all. But I looked and looked and finally found one!

This is the one I made:



I used batting instead of stabilizer and it worked out just as well! I actually enjoyed making this one. It took me one evening to sew the whole thing and one nap to cut out and write on the cards. It's a very easy and simple design, and also very easy to adjust the size.

If you haven't been on pintrest, go! It has great things on there and you can search for about anything you can think of. Happy pinning! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment