24 July 2014

No 'Poo Experience after 4 months

Alright, now that we are up to speed, here is my post after 4 months!

My hair after 4 months. This is also the next day after washing with
the bs cleanser and the lavender infused vinegar rinse.
I did run out of the herbal and baking soda mix shampoo around the 4th, so I made up a batch of just the baking soda cleanser. This time I boiled the quart of water and added some lavender leaves and loose tea leaves and let that set for a couple of hours before adding the baking soda to it.

 I also ran out of my ACV rinse so I got to use my lavender infused vinegar as a rinse until I buy some more apple cider vinegar (which I have).

For these past few showers, I have been washing my hair a little differently. When I did the baking soda cleanser, I would just squirt it all over my scalp then massage it in and let it rest for a few minutes. I would wash it out under the water, then I would squirt the ACV rinse all over my scalp, rub it in, then squirt some more on the rest of my hair, and also leave it in while I wash my face and body.

Now I flip my head over, squirt the baking soda cleanser all over my scalp, rub it in, then flip my head back over and squirt some more at the top, and rub it in again then wash it out immediately. With the ACV rinse, instead of starting at the front of my scalp, I'll start more towards the back of my head and just focus on my tips since I have layers in my hair.

I have noticed with using the lavender infuse vinegar, that my hair feels a lot lighter and the smell is not as bad as the apple cider vinegar. The only bad thing is it feels like the white vinegar is stripping my hair of it's natural oils and it doesn't feel as soft, even though I have seen people use white vinegar and have great results while using it. Also, I have to take showers every other day like I normally did with store bought shampoos and conditioner. Then again, each person's hair is different and each will have different results.

I did not make much of the infused vinegar rinse, but I will be glad to go back to my ACV rinse once it is gone.

If you feel like experimenting with one of your favorite infused vinegar, give it a try! There is no harm in trying it out and you will have an idea of which is best for your hair.

Happy Shampooing

No comments:

Post a Comment