15 February 2012

Love Language Quiz

Last Tuesday at the mom's group I go to, we talked about this thing called the "Love Language." I have never head of it, but when we were discussing it, it was sounding quit interesting.

For our discussion, it was geared towards our children. You could also do this with your spouse/partner as well, but for that day it was our children. Each child has a different love language that they speak or show towards you. The way it was explained in the book we are reading from is that what our child (or spouse) do for us is what they would like for us to do to them. For instance (and what I started to notice with my eldest), if your child likes coming up to you randomly, may it be during their playtime or just out of the blue, they hand you a "gift." In return, this is something that your child would like to receive from you. It doesn't necessarily have to be a tangible gift (although who wouldn't like that!), but it could also be a gift of self during important moments or time of crisis.

I never really paid attention to the love language after our discussion last Tuesday, until my eldest kept coming up to me saying "here's your gift mommy." Of course, it was just one of her toys that she put in one of her play bags, but still. It made me realize that this may be something to do with her when she starts elementary school. I can start now with at least the gift of self since she has been going through a very sensitive stage right now, but just imagining the possibilities of what little "gifts" I can put in her backpack or lunch box. I'm kind of excited about it actually, hehe!

You can also do this quiz to figure out what language your spouse is "speaking," and yourself if you are not sure what you may be trying to speak to your husband. I will try to upload an image that have the questions and explanation of the Love Language Quiz for you, your spouse/partner, and child/children. I think it would be fun to let your spouse/partner take the quiz to see what language YOU are speaking!

Instructions (p1)

Quiz for Self and Spouse (p1)

Quiz for Self and Spouse (p2)

For each group, write down which answer is #5

Explanation of Love Languauge

Instructions (p2)

Quiz for children (p1)

Quiz for Child (p2)





2 comments:

  1. I read two of the Love Language books. Mine is Physical Touch, with equal Quality time and Encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine was a bit of Quality Time with equal Acts of Service and Physical Touch.

    ReplyDelete